How to tell if your computer is infected
Here are some of the ways to tell if Spy Ware, Malware, Trojans, Browser Hijackers or a virus may be on your computer.
The best “first steps” to finding infections, are going to be simple ones just using your own observations.
So lets look at the little questions that give you the big answer:
1. Is there a message on your desktop that you have never seen before regarding infection?
2. Is your computer slowing down?
3. Did you have a message warn you that you needed to take an action and you followed prompts and now
the computer is not working well?
4. Is there a program that loads a message as soon as you get to your desktop that is asking for you to
purchase it and you cannot get it to shut off?
5. Did you let someone else use your laptop or computer and it is just not the same, as in pop ups, slow,
perhaps programs on it you did not install?
6. Have you gone onto the Internet and typed in a website and found yourself on the wrong web pages?
These are situations that can indicate a possible infection.
Also trouble with usb ports and trouble with connecting to the Internet wired and or wireless may be a hardware problem or … it can be yet another symptom of infection.
So please do open and use your security software if you can. Use it to scan for infections. This will help avoid infections, but will not repair them. Infections will require professional virus and spy ware removal and repair to the damaged windows operating system components.
Always update before scanning
All the best
Alameda Business Machines
Your local professional computer techs